Charcoal Spit Features:
- Available in small and large size to suit any meat.
- Charcoal, fire extinguisher, extension lead, gloves, and fire lighters included.
- Delivery and pickup service.
- We recommend and use Kerrimuir Meats for meats.
Setting Up A Charcoal Spit Roast
- You must take into consideration any weather changes or high winds forecast for the day you intend to use the spit roast as the spit tends to produce a certain level of smoke.
- Prior to lighting the fire, select a sheltered area to set up the spit. Once the spit roast is cooking, it may be difficult to move.
- Once set up, it is highly recommended that the meat is set up on the main bar. Fasten the meat on the bar so that the weight of the carcass is distributed evenly around the spit. This is to ensure that the meat remains stable and secure as it rotates.
- To light the fire, remove the bar and the meat.
- Cover the bottom of the box with charcoal in three piles. Use firelighters to start the fire and allow for the fire to grow for approximately ¾ of an hour.
- Now place the bar, with the meat fastened on it, back onto the spit and switch motor on to commence cooking.
- You will need to add extra fuel to the fire as the cooking continues.
FOR SAFETY REASONS, THIS ROTISSERIE MUST NOT BE USED IN WET OR RAINY CONDITIONS OR ON TOTAL FIRE BAN DAYS
What You Get
- Fire Extinguisher
- Extension Lead
- Fire Poker
- Fire Lighters
Approximate Cooking Times
When preparing your meat for the spit, it is important that it has been thoroughly thawed before being cooked otherwise your cooking time may be greatly extended. If you have not previously frozen your meat and you have simply refrigerated it, it is a good idea to take the meat out of the fridge the night before you intend to cook it. This allows for the meat to slightly rise in temperature which can minimize cooking time.
Round Roasts to around 125mm diameter
Round Roasts to around 200mm diameter
Whole Lamb to around 15kg
Whole Lamb to around 18kg
Beef Butt to around 20kg
Beef Butt to around 28kg
Beef Butt to around 35kg
Whole Pork to around 15kg
Whole Pork to around 20kg
Whole Pork to around 30kg
Whole Pork to around 40kg
Whole Pork to around 50kg
Close-ups (click an image to expand it):
Charcoal Spits are ideal for:
- Small Functions: Birthdays, Small Celebrations
- Large Functions: Weddings, Engagements, Parties
- Film and TV shoots
- Promotional Events
- Restaurants and Caterers
- School Fetes
- Sporting Events
- Music Festivals
- Hospitals and Nursing Homes
- Emergency Breakdown or Maintenance Service
Ring now to make sure they're not booked out.